Green campus is theneed of the hour. The ECO-CLUB of the college was constituted with a vision tocreate environmental consciousness, build an eco-friendly campus and inculcatehabits leading towards environmental sustainability.
- Awareness built through class lectures in Environmental Studies
- Students are encouraged to do Projects in Environmental Studies utilizing old and recycled paper.
- Annual plantation programme
- Maintenance of the Medicinal plant garden
- Maintenance of the seasonal flower garden
- Rearing indoor plant that purify air
- Utilization of the backyard of the college for cultivating seasonal vegetables.
- Rain water harvesting
- Use of solar street lights in the campus at night
- Increase in the use of LED bulbs
- Use of Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) switches to prevent waste of electricity andward off any accident.
- Convert the bio-degradable waste materials into vermi-compost forour own vegetation.
- Use of constructed burial pits for management of waste water from theChemistry laboratory.
- Only Pollution under Control (PUC) certified vehicles are allowed toenter the campus.
- Use ofplastics is minimised
- Use oftobacco in the campus premises is restricted.
- Water purifiers are cleaned and maintained regularly